Ok, here is a rant...no pictures...but there is a ton below I uploaded yesterday...afterall I did call this blog the travels, trials and tribulations...so here are some trials and tribulations...for those of you only interested in pretty travel pictures jump below to yesterdays entry...
I have been having a bit of a time in BA...over the past few days I have been trying to figure out what it is and the only conclusion I have been able to come up with is I think it is the similarites to NYC! Now dont get me wrong I am having a lovely time, seeing amazing sites AND meeting lovely people....BUT...I notice my own personal crap starting to creep in...things I only thought of in NYC, insecurities, discomforts, attitudes and so on. Ok, yes, it is hard to function in a high fashion, trendy city with two pairs of pants, one dress, Chacos, a bad haircut and very little make up...yep, my fault, I am traveling and if I could speak the damn language I wouldn´t stick out like such a sore thumb! BUT regardless of these happings I think it has been very good for me and it is putting some things into perspective...here are some random thoughts
- Hostels are best to stay in when traveling in a big city (unless you are staying directly with someone from the country) NOT that my accommidations I am currently staying in haven´t been absolutely glorious...but I have learned it is hard to figure out where to go, when things are, where things are and so on without the assistance of the Hostel personel. I have also realized that it is imposssible to meet people. So on Friday I will be returning back to the hostel life in San Telmo...this brief stint away has been very relaxing and lovely... lounging by the pool, soaking in the hot tub, exercising with the gym trainer...I am feeling refreshed and am ready to get back into the dirty travel life again...
- It is no fun eating alone in a city you dont speak the language...you never are quite sure what you ordered, you are always seated in back, the waiters rarely show up except to give you the bill...and you are always charged just a little bit more...
- I REALLY need to learn spanish...NOW
- I think I am a bit more country then big ass city (I didn´t say Rock and Roll...because I am definately a bit Rock and Roll)...but I notice that I really love hiking, the quite, less people...the kindness of others in more remote areas, less rush, less constant overwhelming options...I get lost in options...as most of you know decisions have never been my forte and these big cities offer too many...I get lost and kind of stuck...unless I am with someone who helps me weigh out the options...SO...not sure fully what this means but I guess I will explore it...
- PMS is NO FUN when traveling (sorry to all the men who are reading this...I just had to say it!)
- It is hard not to drink wine when in Argentina and Chile...it is so damn good!
- Duche de Leche is one of the most beautiful things I have ever tasted...and is making my ass twice as wide (trust me I will be bringing some back for all of you to try)
- Evita Peron is amazing...and used to be an actress...hmmm...think I could be a revolutionary in the states and change the state of our union
- I like not showering every day...
All for now...whew that felt good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment