Just a quick update...as I have been down for the count once again. It is pretty unavoidable when you are around 60 sick kids daily. So, this time I contracted a throat bacteria - I tried to self medicate, but US drugs just are not strong enough for the strain of disease's that are here...so today I had to go to the hospital because my throat pretty much swelled shut! BUT a good ´ole shot in the ass from the Doctor and I feel a million times better. OK, I will admit it...I just wanted to get the full South America experience...you know me, I can´t miss out on a thing.
Anyway, the doctor that assisted me said that this illness is the highest cause of death in small children here in Cusco, especially little boys. Thankfully, I am not a small boy and am now on the road to recovery. He said I should be back to full strength by Wed. I hope I am getting all this sickness crap out of the way - these Cusco illnesses knock you on your rear.
I plan on putting a more eventful update up tomorrow...I had an awesome experience last thurs. that I can´t wait to post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment