Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The last days of Cusco

I was incredibly sad to leave Cusco on October 28th!! I made some amazing friends, learned a ton about myself and absolutely fell in love with the city! I know I have said it before ...but I must return! When I chose to go to Peru, honestly, I am not sure where the thought came from...I have just always wanted to go there...kind of similar to how I always wanted to live in NYC and I always wanted to be an actress...it sort has always been in my mind...I must admit I am pretty proud of myself for making those things a reality...I wonder what I will make a reality next...the city of Cusco, the kids and the volunteering has seriously touched me deeper then I realized it would...and I believe Peru will play a larger role in my future...I just haven't quite figured out what that is yet...but what I am starting to realize is that if you just sit back and take your time you don't have to FIGURE it out...it just works out...for the better...

The last few days I was in CuscoI whooped it up as much as I could. Thurs. night I went out with the girls and my Spanish teacher... we had a great dinner and then hit the disco techs... good looking group aren't they...

I caught one last parade...





And then...I ran into a festival that no one seemed to know was happening...it was amazing! Structures built of bamboo and covered in firecrackers...I believe it was all for some religious holiday...but I never did get it figured out. Regardless, it was a great bon voyage party for me!


Goodbye family house, good bye Cusco...for now...

No comments: