Friday, October 12, 2007

Busy, busy, busy

So today is my final day with the kids and my last day in Spanish! I can´t believe how the time has flown by. We are throwing a HUGE party for the kids today at 4pm. I hired one of the most popular clowns in Cusco ---he is suppose to be great --he does magic with doves and fire and all kinds of other goodies! The kids have never had anything like it before -- at least that is what their teacher said. I also put together little candy goodie bags, got some popcorn, soda and other munchies. Photos of the event will come soon BUT not until next week because I leave for the jungle (Manu) tomorrow at 4am in the morning! I have offered to volunteer there for 1 week. I can´t wait --I hear it is absolutely beautiful. I will not be working with kids this time around but instead will be counting birds, planting orchids and doing whatever else needs to be done around the lodge. The catch is I will have NO contact with the outside world until Thursday the 19th because... there is NO electricity, NO email, No phones and No hot water...yep, pretty crazy, hope I hold up OK. So look for updates on the party and the jungle life next Thursday -- should be some good stuff. I have to run...I gotta a party to throw! Miss everyone!

1 comment:

Team Bartz said...

I published a comment on an earlier entry, but wanted to say we are so darn proud of you! You are so creative and so adventurous...glad you are there learning through experience and at the same time touching these little peoples lives. How lucky you all are! Brinnon is one lucky little niece to have such an amazing auntie like you!
Court