Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Hot Chilies ...

On Sunday I flew into Santiago, Chile...lovely flight...kicked back, watched a couple flixs and had a couple glasses of really nice red wine...this would have been a perfect transition to my next leg of my journey...but nope there had to be a catch...and it cost me $100...yepper a one time fee {per passport lifetime}to enter the country... ouch that hurt! Then of course getting ripped off $20 extra for a van ride to my hostel pissed me off too...but those are the prices you pay as you transition from country to country...or so I have been told...BUT...regardless, I have arrived and am doing quite well.

Santiago is about the size of Chicago and isn't quite as pretty, but certainly has some lovely areas. I spent yesterday exploring and think I caught most of the highlights. I have been told that down south is much prettier so tomorrow morning I head out for a two week journey all the way to the bottom of Chile. Then I head back up to Santiago again to go across the country to Mendoza and Buenos Aires in Argentina...not quite sure when I will be doing that, probably sometime around the end of November. I am hoping to keep up my blog entries but not sure what my access will be like down south...I will try!!

Here are some photo highlights from yesterday...

The back yard of my Hotel...La Casa Roja...nice huh, only 12 bucks a night!

Took a lovely walk around a couple of parks...





Went up a to the top of a mountain park...

There will be a few more pictures but I will have to upload them a bit later...so check back for updates

No comments: