Thursday, September 27, 2007

The Winding Road Up...

Everything is going great at my project! The kids are so receptive and into whatever I present them with. Yesterday I came more prepared and brought flashcards, plastic animals, construction paper and more to use as tools to teach them english. We got through several colors, numbers and animals names with great success!

The only heartbreaking part of yesterday was their meal... their were about 40 kids and each got one cup of choclate milk with 3 tablespoons of puff cereal in it...not enough for anyone...

It has been raining off and on for the past several hours and I am a bit worried as to how my trek will look...here is what it looks like dry...

Path when I get off the combie...

Next...

Next...

Next...

Next...


But what a reward when you reach the top...

1 comment:

mrsgreen said...

Lily,
I am so glad you commited to a trip to South America. I think what you are doing and experiencing is wonderful. You will NEVER forget this time in your life and all the lessons learned. Reading your blog makes me even more determined to insure that Stella and the baby-to-come, continue to travel with Dan and I overseas. Keep writing, as your stories are inspiring!
-Sarah