Sunday, September 16, 2007

Goodbye 11215 and New York City


Brooklyn, NY - 4.5 years... When I first came to New York City I was a prisoner of the “A” train on the upper, upper, upper – nosebleed - west side. I lived with a strange metro sexual man that for political reasons will go unnamed). Unfortunately the living arrangement did not end on the most pleasant note... but my lifesaver was my weekend escapes to Park Slope, Brooklyn. Those frequent trips turned golden when my friend Sarah found me a kick ass apartment (or so it was in the beginning) and I relocated to my new named “Bohemian lean-too”. Now 3.5 years later I live with the memories of its encyclopedia red colored floors, periodic gas leaks and bed bug infested charm. It housed me well…until now…because all has changed!

As of August 31st, 2007 I packed up my sweet little home into a small (but expensive) Budget truck and drove, new license in hand, out of New York City and cross country on an adventure of a lifetime... I do have to send a shout out to Susie Henderson. I would not have made it with out her driving expertise seeing I had only had my license for 1 month prior to the move! I couldn't have done it without her!

After 3 days, 500 dollars in gas, a broken windshield wiper, a ton of bad travel food, some unexpected rain storms and a great visit with friends in Chicago I arrived safely at my parents’ house in Lake Crystal, MN. I placed all of my collected crap from the past 5 years into a 5 by 10 storage facility…it is amazing how little you can live on but how many things you think you need!

With all the prep I have in front of me the next time you hear from me I will be in Cusco, Peru...can you believe it!?

No comments: