Sunday, September 23, 2007

Saturday Salsa and a bit of Cusco

Saturday I had my first Salsa lesson! It went awesome - it is all in the counting - can´t wait for my next lesson...I actually did pretty good.

Earlier in the day I wandered around Cusco and went on a long hike up to the White Jesus way on top of a hill. I was so tired when I got home on Saturday I literally ate and crashed. I walked from 9am to 5pm and then danced from 5pm to 7pm...it kicked my butt.

Here are some photo highlights from the day...

One of the random Student Parades up Ave. de Sol in front of my Spanish School


The entry way to someones home where they sell their homemade goods...a usual site down many streets


The beginning of Ave. de Sol...I see this daily on my walk to class


This is the thatch they use as roofs or use as a lining under the clay tiles


A girls basketball game at the main court...notice the grass seats


A boy on the way down to the city to make money having his picture taken. Many locals dress in their traditional outfits and wander around town carrying small animals to lure tourists (such as myself) to take pictures of them for 1 sole...smart marketing I guess


The White Jesus Statue that over looks Cusco. About 55% of Cusco is Catholic...some Mormon...and others Incan.


The view of Cusco from the white Jesus statue. This was a pretty hard hike up...took about an hour, but is good practice for Manchu Pitchu


Yep that is me as a dirty, weary tourist...Cusco view behind me...have to try to get some pictures with me in it...hard to do when you are traveling alone


A view up a street in San Blas. Note how narrow the cobble streets are...this one is actually wider then most, several look like sidewalks


Another usual site on the streets of Cusco


Well, I am off to a Cusco Futbol game...I will give you the highlights tomorrow!

No comments: