Friday, December 14, 2007

USA

On Monday December 11th I started my road home...or at least back to the USA seeing I don't really have a home anymore...or at least not my "own home"...I will be staying with my family in Minnesota over the holidays...and then after that it is yet to be determined...kind of an exciting state of being...before I left to South American the idea of not knowing where I was going terrified me...it doesn't so much anymore...because as my trip taught me...it all works out in time, you just have to give it the time. At my age (which mind you is still young)some people settle down, buy a house, get married, have children...maybe that will happen for me sometime in the future, but for now, the world is my oyster!

My last day in Buenos Aries was an exciting one. The first female president was being sworn in and the streets were ablaze with excitement, protest and curiosity. I find it interesting how both Chile and Argentina are run by women...hmmm...wonder when the states will get their ass in gear.

I wandered through the crowded streets picking up last minutes gifts and catching my last glimpse of the city. It is going to be an adjustment being back in the states. These 3 months have moved me more then I expected. The people I met and the countries I saw have all reached beyond my expectations, shown me parts of myself I didn't know existed and ultimately changed my life. I have a new sense of self, a new sense of life. I have once again found my joy, passion, creative spark and drive. Now it is only maintaining it, listening to it and nurturing it. I don't think it will be difficult. Please note this is not to say that when I lived in NYC I didn't have those things...I just believe NY didn't bring out the best in me...I am glad I lived there for 5 years, it kicked me in the ass and I dont think I would have done this trip had I not lived there... but ultimately I have learned that NYC was not the place for me...at least not now...you never know what the future will bring...I have some ideas that are still processing, sinking in and starting to bubble to the surface...I will share when they are more well thought out. I believe, though this is not confirmed, I will return to Peru...of course that is easy to say now, because I am still flying high from the trip...BUT...it feels right. Peru, out of all the countries I visited struck the deepest cord in me. I have never felt so alive, so true to my person and so at peace as when I was there working with the kids. I just have to figure out a way to do it and make a living...I have realized that I can do whatever I want to do and that in the past when I decided what I really wanted...I got it...so I have no fear that when I decide what is next...it will happen.

Thank you to all of you who have followed my journey, my rants, my trials and tribulation and my feable attempt at writing...I appreciate your support and your time. I believe I will continue this blog...there are still thoughts and pictures I have to share from my journey...so please catch up when you can.

I wish all of you a Happy Holiday. I wish a safe journey to those of you who are still traveling and for all of you that I met in South America... please know I will NEVER forget you and I trust deep in my heart most of our paths will cross again. Please keep in touch.

No comments: