Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A little bit a Boca

On Friday December 8th I arrived back in BA from the north and immediately ventured to the infamous Boca neighborhood.

It is a four block radius filled with the renown colored houses...and surrounded by some of the most dangerous streets in BA (or so they say)...it is also said to be the location of the famous Futbol field, birth of Tango (along with every other damn neighborhood) and the true bohemian area...I will admit I had an unexpectedly enjoyable few hours.



I ventured there on my own...since it was daylight I walked by myself through the "dangerous area" ...I know testing my fate...but, I thought...I have already been robbed...twice...there is not much more to take...so why the hell not. Of course, not a thing happened...it is always in the areas you least expect...

It was colorful... a bit more touristy and sales oriented then I would have preferred...BUT...I did receive the best table service I have thus had and witnessed a truly fantastic Tango show...before this I was not lured by the spell of the dance...honestly I was unimpressed by Tango until this experience...however, I don't believe it was until now that I understood it...or saw it done in such a fantastic, fun and shared way.

The couple had been dancing together for 4 yrs...they were young and obviously loved doing it...they were playfully, fun, experimental and talented...They pulled and pushed, lunged and leaped...he tossed her, she kicked him, he pulled her...there was so much passion in their expressions, so much skill in their moves...

it was truly a memorable thing to watch and it changed my critical view to an understanding...it is a dance of sensual, sexual tension and tantalizing chemistry...I hope someday to learn it...I must next time not let my critical and uninformed opinions get in the way of my learning...hmmm...I think I need to apply that to other areas in my life as well...Oh, the things we learn on a casual Friday afternoon...

No comments: